The Computer Networking & Security Diploma program is a Hands-on training program strikes a balance between the latest computer theories and their applications. Students learn about real-life networking environments, making you immediately productive upon graduation and prepared to take on a variety of information technology (IT) roles relating to local area networking, network support, computer systems administration, network security and user support. Exposure to the networking technologies will help you to develop problem solving and analytic skills. You will also learn about the necessity for security and how the needs of information assurance affect all aspects of implementing, managing, and utilizing network resources.Students will also be prepared to continue learning and advancing within the field, allowing you to work within your organization to apply networking to business strategy, tactics, and goals.ObjectivesUpon completing of this program, students will be able to:• Design, build, maintain and troubleshoot local area networks.
• Integrate the computer and network security into the installation of network software and hardware, as well as business practices, usage policies, and user education.
• Provide appropriate technical support/assistance to other users.
• Troubleshoot and repair basic computer and network hardware and software problems.
• Effectively communicate computer-and network-related technical information verbally, in writing, and in presentations.
• Provide input to IT and business managers on using computers and networks to solve business problems and enhance productivity.